[SOLVED] Can running fan too slow ruin motor?

So I like having a silent build. I also like having a cool build. Since its winters and the ambient temps are 10-20 or lower, I figured I can quiet down my PC. I'm using Gigabyte Aorus pro AC B550. It has smart fan 5 feature that allows me to control fan speed from bios using custom fan curve. My question is, if I put the fans spinning speed too low (10% of like 1150, or 1500 or 2000 or 3000) will it ruin the motor? In the short run? Long run? Should I not keep it under a specific value? Thanks!

Edit 1: I hear a coil whine in two of the fans. These came with the case, cheap quality. But still i hear it should I be concerned?

Last edited:
Solution
So I like having a silent build. I also like having a cool build. Since its winters and the ambient temps are 10-20 or lower, I figured I can quiet down my PC. I'm using Gigabyte Aorus pro AC B550. It has smart fan 5 feature that allows me to control fan speed from bios using custom fan curve. My question is, if I put the fans spinning speed too low (10% of like 1150, or 1500 or 2000 or 3000) will it ruin the motor? In the short run? Long run? Should I not keep it under a specific value? Thanks!

Edit 1: I hear a coil whine in two of the fans. These came with the case, cheap quality. But still i hear it should I be concerned?
No it shouldn't damage fans unless they stop at low RPM settings, just make sure that curve is set above...

No it shouldn't damage fans unless they stop at low RPM settings, just make sure that curve is set above it's minimum RPM,

Reactions: Prad_Bitt
Solution