Question fb messenger encryption

Feb 1, 2024
Quite possibly. I have looked at a myriad of sites and helps. Unless I missed something, you have to have this installed on your cell phone to do anything with it. I have little interest or use for cell phones, or ipads, chess and emergency calls excepted. And, as far as I can tell, it is not installed on my cell so I have no idea where to find their iritating pin number, which I did not ask for. I have noted that many folks on line feel the same and are as irritated (again) with facebook on issues they find important but the average person has no time or use for (dangling participles are a necessity for communication).

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Quite possibly. I have looked at a myriad of sites and helps. Unless I missed something, you have to have this installed on your cell phone to do anything with it. I have little interest or use for cell phones, or ipads, chess and emergency calls excepted. And, as far as I can tell, it is not installed on my cell so I have no idea where to find their iritating pin number, which I did not ask for. I have noted that many folks on line feel the same and are as irritated (again) with facebook on issues they find important but the average person has no time or use for (dangling participles are a necessity for communication).
Understood. According to the site, there is no other option, other than a mobile device to remove this feature.

Feb 1, 2024
Understood. According to the site, there is no other option, other than a mobile device to remove this feature.
And here is a mystery ... how do I use an app which I do not have, better still, how did they set it up without an app to send the pin number to (sorry "to which to send a pin number") ... hhhmm ... this issue is about security yet it seems I have none to begin with as I must assume that fb knows I have a cell phone somewhere and they have the number. BTW, I can live without facebook, but its a challenge without "marketplace".

COLGeek

Cybernaut
And here is a mystery ... how do I use an app which I do not have, better still, how did they set it up without an app to send the pin number to (sorry "to which to send a pin number") ... hhhmm ... this issue is about security yet it seems I have none to begin with as I must assume that fb knows I have a cell phone somewhere and they have the number. BTW, I can live without facebook, but its a challenge without "marketplace".
I understand your dilemma. Maybe you just need to install the app on your phone (if possible) to determine what your options are.

Personally, I dumped ALL social media in 2016 and haven't regretted it even once.

Feb 1, 2024
I understand your dilemma. Maybe you just need to install the app on your phone (if possible) to determine what your options are.

Personally, I dumped ALL social media in 2016 and haven't regretted it even once.
Thanks for your interest. I'll throw out a couple more queries on other sites to see what folks are doing then decide if I want fb any deeper in my bizness.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
if you only have a pc to work with, one option would be to install something like bluestacks. it's an android emulator which allows you to install and run mobile apps from your pc.

get bluestacks running, install the fb ap, changed what you need to change, then delete bluestacks from your pc if you wish.