[SOLVED] Can Ryzen 3 3200G handle Dual monitor?

Omaiwa

Commendable
Aug 13, 2019
I wanted to have a dual monitor but i don't have any GPU at the moment. So i was thinking if my Ryzen 3 3200G can handle dual monitor without a problem

SPECS
Ryzen 3 3200G - CPU
GA-A320M-S2H-V2 - Motherboard
2x8gb HyperxFury - RAM
128GB- SSD
1TB- HDD
60hz monitors

Solution
I wanted to have a dual monitor but i don't have any GPU at the moment. So i was thinking if my Ryzen 3 3200G can handle dual monitor without a problem

SPECS
Ryzen 3 3200G - CPU
2x8gb HyperxFury - RAM
128GB- SSD
1TB- HDD
60hz monitors

A 3200G could handle dual monitors (although performance could be an issue in games) but you'll need to look at the motherboard connectors and be sure you have monitors that match up. Your motherboard looks to have one HDMI and one DVI-D so you have to match up monitors to that.
Aug 21, 2020
So, Ryzen is a type of CPU made by AMD. You will need a GPU to drive your monitors. If you do not have a GPU, many motherboards have one built in. This is not a question about whether or not your CPU can handle dual monitors without a problem. Please read the owner's manual for your motherboard to answer this question.

SPECS
Ryzen 3 3200G - CPU
2x8gb HyperxFury - RAM
128GB- SSD
1TB- HDD
60hz monitors

Yes it can provided you can find a 2nd monitor that still supports DVI. Or at the very least a DVI->HDMI converter.

Can you game with it on both monitors? I wouldn't try it. Every day workloads like Word, Excel, and casual gaming on 1 monitor: Yes.

Gaming on 2 monitors? No. I wouldn't gaming on 2 monitors with anything less than a 2070Super or 5700XT. It takes a lot of memory bandwidth and horsepower to run that kind of resolution.

SPECS
Ryzen 3 3200G - CPU
2x8gb HyperxFury - RAM
128GB- SSD
1TB- HDD
60hz monitors

A 3200G could handle dual monitors (although performance could be an issue in games) but you'll need to look at the motherboard connectors and be sure you have monitors that match up. Your motherboard looks to have one HDMI and one DVI-D so you have to match up monitors to that.

Solution

Omaiwa

Commendable
Aug 13, 2019
The motherboard has 2 ports for the monitor one for the VGA and the other one is DVI-D

Omaiwa

Commendable
Aug 13, 2019
Yes it can provided you can find a 2nd monitor that still supports DVI. Or at the very least a DVI->HDMI converter.

Can you game with it on both monitors? I wouldn't try it. Every day workloads like Word, Excel, and casual gaming on 1 monitor: Yes.

Gaming on 2 monitors? No. I wouldn't gaming on 2 monitors with anything less than a 2070Super or 5700XT. It takes a lot of memory bandwidth and horsepower to run that kind of resolution.
My plan is 1 monitor for gaming and the other one is for chrome like doing twitter or facebook

Omaiwa

Commendable
Aug 13, 2019
So, Ryzen is a type of CPU made by AMD. You will need a GPU to drive your monitors. If you do not have a GPU, many motherboards have one built in. This is not a question about whether or not your CPU can handle dual monitors without a problem. Please read the owner's manual for your motherboard to answer this question.
My motherboard has 2 ports for the monitor one is for the VGA and the other one is DVI-D. I was planning to use dual monitor but i don't know if my CPU can handle it

Omaiwa

Commendable
Aug 13, 2019
Interesting...maybe there are different versions of the board?

I hope you have monitors already, or access to cheap used ones, as both are pretty much out-dated. I'd hate to buy a new monitor that uses one of them just for this purpose.
I already have both monitors, both of them are 60hz and both of them has only VGA and DVI-D port, Not with HDMI :(.

If your board has the VGA port then use it and the DVI-D port; since you have the monitors it can't hurt. Just plug in and start using!
Since the board has each of a VGA, DVI-D and HDMI I'd opt for using each of the monitors natively, no adapters. Adapters sometimes work, sometimes don't, so it's a bit of a gamble. If that means getting an appropriate cable then that's the way to go.

Reactions: Omaiwa

Omaiwa

Commendable
Aug 13, 2019
Since the board has each of a VGA, DVI-D and HDMI I'd opt for using each of the monitors natively, no adapters. Adapters sometimes work, sometimes don't, so it's a bit of a gamble. If that means getting an appropriate cable then that's the way to go.
This was a big help thank you very much now i'll just stick with the DVI-D since my monitor has DVI-D port and my mobo too. Thank you very much