[SOLVED] Can somebody recommend short low profile wheels to replace on my gaming chair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaggaz

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2013
I just need to lower my gaming chair as when my seat is at maximum lowerage, my toes barely touch the floor. (I'm 5'9 and 170lbs) The pressure against my hamstring lately is putting my feet to sleep.

All I need to get it down is 2 inches. The wheels I have are 3 inches high and they come right out with a tug, no bolts or screws, so should be easy to replace.

I came across bell glides but I don't think they are movable on a plastic carpet protector are they? Thanks for any suggestions.

Solution
You can swap out the Hydraulic Piston for the upgraded version which is 20mm shorted (.875")
secretpiston.jpg

Stem size on the Secretlab chairs are 7/8"x7/16 "B stem"

Office Chair Bell Glides Replacement 1/2 tall
- doesn't work great on carpet 😕
shortslide.jpg

Ultra-Low Chair Glides

The white one will work better on the carpet.
moglides.jpg

Ultra low profile glides should get you there.
Cylinder replacement+ Ultra low profile gets you lower
Cylinder replacement + gluing gets you the lowest

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
Without actually seeing what you have here is some rough math.

3-inch Casters with K stem

Base to contact point of the wheel is ~ 2.75 "

Low profile bell glides with K stem

Base to contact surface is 1.375 "

Your lowering it by 1. 375 "

Option #2

Teflon furniture slider pads
slide.jpg

With some MacGyvering that gives you close to 2.5 ".

1. Replace the screws with stainless steel bolts or screws to avoid rust spots.
  2. JB weld or epoxy the screws in place
  3. Build a base out of either JB weld, Epoxy, or using a Hot glue gun that is roughly the same size as the caster stem.
  4. Hot Glue or Epoxy your makeshift sliders onto the chair base and your good to go.
Or get a footstool if your not the tinkering type. :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: yaggaz

yaggaz

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2013
Without actually seeing what you have here is some rough math.

3-inch Casters with K stem

Base to contact point of the wheel is ~ 2.75 "

Low profile bell glides with K stem

Base to contact surface is 1.375 "

Your lowering it by 1. 375 "

Option #2

Teflon furniture slider pads
slide.jpg

With some MacGyvering that gives you close to 2.5 ".

1. Replace the screws with stainless steel bolts or screws to avoid rust spots.
  2. JB weld or epoxy the screws in place
  3. Build a base out of either JB weld, Epoxy, or using a Hot glue gun that is roughly the same size as the caster stem.
  4. Hot Glue or Epoxy your makeshift sliders onto the chair base and your good to go.
Or get a footstool if your not the tinkering type. :unsure:

Thanks. Great ideas there, I did want to go with a footrest but the armrests are also exactly two inches above where my arms angle to the mouse and keyboard. So I think I want to go for a universal lowering of around that distance.

Sorry I didn't add the extra info originally, it's a Secret Labs Titan chair. I took a photo of one of the stems, are you able to identify what it is exactly? Thanks again.

y4mnDsSATYweR6kvWH3rhRNpfop9jL53ma_z_cYrHvrknXs3QaqRsDHK6V_irb5wjnrlgPMz_-6PjTEG_9gPH8LR0RQ-fbWVbHUBauUsxyRFtF9Xrq-LAsX276PrBDZAu8XOe1stdyQg9wBN1Z9ZNruuspd0cEU9GyK90KXAssQnELi2RB894kEPzhWs6uRU9BV

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
You can swap out the Hydraulic Piston for the upgraded version which is 20mm shorted (.875")
secretpiston.jpg

Stem size on the Secretlab chairs are 7/8"x7/16 "B stem"

Office Chair Bell Glides Replacement 1/2 tall
- doesn't work great on carpet 😕
shortslide.jpg

Ultra-Low Chair Glides

The white one will work better on the carpet.
moglides.jpg

Ultra low profile glides should get you there.
Cylinder replacement+ Ultra low profile gets you lower
Cylinder replacement + gluing gets you the lowest

Last edited:
Solution

yaggaz

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2013
The 20mm lower one? What the what? I wrote to Secret Lab support and specifically asked them did they sell anything that can get the casters lower and he said no, they are all a standard size. Haha thanks, I might send him that image there.

I have enough info now to go on. I'm going to assume the images you linked are the same stem as the one I posted in the photo? Thanks again for all the research.

Status
Not open for further replies.