[SOLVED] Can someone double check my build?

Uri Abraham

Commendable
Feb 17, 2019
So I'm building a computer for my friend and I need someone to check if everything would work in the build, because I really don't want to order a component and realise it doesn't fit the build for some reason.

Case - Antec NX210

CPU - Ryzen 5 3600

Motherboard - Gigabyte B550M-S2H

Ram - T-force Delta R 2×8Gb 3200mhz CL16

GPU - Gigabyte GeForce GTX1660 SUPER OC

SSD - Kingston A400 480Gb

HDD - Toshiba P300 series 1Tb

PSU - Silverstone ST60F-ESB 600W 80+ bronze

If you have any cheaper and better alternatives for any of the components please also let me know and thank you!

Solution
Where are you and your friend located?

The psu is group regulated, I'd swap it out for a Corsair CX or any other llc, dc-dc platform.
The kingston a400 is a dramless ssd, this means that it has a lower service life, 3yr warranty, and will slow down faster with larger file sizes. I'd suggest a ssd with dram such as a Crucial mx500, P1 nvme, or other dram drives.

The psu is group regulated, I'd swap it out for a Corsair CX or any other llc, dc-dc platform.
The kingston a400 is a dramless ssd, this means that it has a lower service life, 3yr warranty, and will slow down faster with larger file sizes. I'd suggest a ssd with dram such as a Crucial mx500, P1 nvme, or other dram drives.

Solution

Uri Abraham

Commendable
Feb 17, 2019

Okay, thanks for the advice.

Uri Abraham

Commendable
Feb 17, 2019

Is it okay if I use TR200 480Gb ssd by Toshiba?
And the Antec VP650 plus for the PSU?
I'm not ignoring your suggestions btw it's just that I'm already over budget...

The tr200 is also dram-less.
The antec is only slightly better then the silverstone essentials.
If you're already over budget, keep the kingston a400 or whatever dram-less ssd, it'll still be fast enough and you can upgrade to a nvme drive sometime later. I would still recommend getting a higher quality psu, you can cross check with a tier list like this one.

Uri Abraham

Commendable
Feb 17, 2019
The tr200 is also dram-less.
The antec is only slightly better then the silverstone essentials.
If you're already over budget, keep the kingston a400 or whatever dram-less ssd, it'll still be fast enough and you can upgrade to a nvme drive sometime later. I would still recommend getting a higher quality psu, you can cross check with a tier list like this one.
This tier list was extremely helpful! I've went with a 600W PSU from the TX series by Zalman (which was a rank higher) and it turned out cheaper!
Thank you so much for the advice!

Uri Abraham

Commendable
Feb 17, 2019
The tier list is useful for cross checking, it shouldn't be used by itself. Sure, the tx looks to be better the other two units, but it's still a double forward design and rated at 200-240v only, so if the mains voltage drops lower, it may shut off or worse.
So do you reckon I should go for the HYDRO-MX-550W by FSP instead? It has better range for the voltage and it's 80+ bronze but it appears lower in the tier list.
What should I choose?