SeriousGaming101

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2016
Hello all,

I am shopping for a 280mm PC fan to put in the back side of my Thermaltake Tower 900:
https://www.thermaltakeusa.com/the-tower-900-snow-edition.html

I am NOT looking for a AIO, just looking for a 280mm case fan. I am searching online but all I can find are 240mm case Fans and not the 280mm case fan I am looking for:
https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Maste...ld=1&keywords=280mm+fan&qid=1610449997&sr=8-4

Can someone please help me find a 280mm case fan like the ones in the link above?(They are 240mm but im looking for 280mm size) Thanks

Solution
It would be a rectangle with 2 140mm fans put together permanently inside a rectangle frame (280mm x 140mm).

Then you'll be extremely lucky to find anything, let alone to get an opportunity to choose between competing products. Things like rackmounts prioritize quick, industrial uses. In the consumer market, there's zero just no demand for something like this to exist.

DSzymborski

Titan
I've never seen a 280mm case fan and even if you had one, it wouldn't fit. Two 140mm fans would not be the same as one 280mm fan because fans aren't rectangles. a 280mm by 280mm case fan would be four 140mm fans in a square, which your case does not support.

DSzymborski

Titan
Yeah, I am looking for a 280mm x 140mm PC case fan. Thanks.

How exactly would a rectangular fan work?

The only way you could "cheat" a rectangular fan is one frame that has square fans inside. There are applications that do like that, for example, rack-mountable units with multiple small fans inside, but it's not really a consumer thing. Your option is basically to get two 140mm case fans.

SeriousGaming101

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2016
How exactly would a rectangular fan work?

The only way you could "cheat" a rectangular fan is one frame that has square fans inside. There are applications that do like that, for example, rack-mountable units with multiple small fans inside, but it's not really a consumer thing. Your option is basically to get two 140mm case fans.
It would be a rectangle with 2 140mm fans put together permanently inside a rectangle frame (280mm x 140mm).

DSzymborski

Titan

Then you'll be extremely lucky to find anything, let alone to get an opportunity to choose between competing products. Things like rackmounts prioritize quick, industrial uses. In the consumer market, there's zero just no demand for something like this to exist.

Solution