[SOLVED] Can someone walk me through getting 4k Nvidia 1070?

Jeff1960

Distinguished
May 22, 2012
Hello everyone,

My computer is running GTX 1070. It has 32 gig ram Ti7 processor. I just purchased 32 inch Samsung UJ59 4k monitor. I am not seeing a lot of "WOW" factor on the screen for gaming. I am not sure how to get the right setting for 4k. Is there a walk-through somewhere out there? I play World of Warcraft and a couple other online games but I am just not seeing anything different from my old non-4k monitor.

Thank you for your support.

Jeff

Solution
So not to start another thread, interesting turn of events. All of a sudden my GTX 1070 rattles since hooking up this monitor and only when I try to run a game. When I close out WOW, it stops. Now you can't tell me this graphics card is under-powered for 1 32 inch monitor?
Monitor size is irrelevant, what resolution is it? 1080p on a 24inch monitor is the same gpu work as 1080p on a big TV. The only thing in a gpu that can rattle is the fan, it’s sounds like either the fan bearing is failing or something is touching the fan blades. Most gpu’s the fan will only spin under gaming loads.
I know it gets a lot of hate but try GeForce Experience recommended settings and the tweaking from there. I don’t play WoW but generally the 1070 is considered too weak for high end games at 4K requiring you to have very low settings. At 4K try turning off all anti analysing.

Jeff1960

Distinguished
May 22, 2012
So not to start another thread, interesting turn of events. All of a sudden my GTX 1070 rattles since hooking up this monitor and only when I try to run a game. When I close out WOW, it stops. Now you can't tell me this graphics card is under-powered for 1 32 inch monitor?

Monitor size is irrelevant, what resolution is it? 1080p on a 24inch monitor is the same gpu work as 1080p on a big TV. The only thing in a gpu that can rattle is the fan, it’s sounds like either the fan bearing is failing or something is touching the fan blades. Most gpu’s the fan will only spin under gaming loads.

Solution