Question Can this board be fixed? Bent pins (ASUS z370-e wifi gaming)

XxDonnie

Reputable
Jun 1, 2016
So I am searching the local used market for a Z370/Z390 board, and I came across an ASUS Z370-e WIFI Gaming, whose owner claims that it has a broken pin and that he was asked for 20eur at a repair shop to fix it (so I assume it can be fixed). I have attached a photo of it. Do you guys think it can be fixed and, if yes, how easily? Should I buy it? It's pretty cheap. (70eur)
61829278_1457389131067399_1249765848831229952_n.jpg.814b7db8ad310c33125ae7fd6553ee1b.jpg

No way. Maybe if it was 10 euro including shipping. It might be worth the risk.

Edit: If it is a bent pin. It might be possible to bend it back without breaking. I've done it before. No way would I spend that much on a motherboard which might be repairable. It just makes zero sense they wouldn't have just spent the 20 euro to have it repaired.

Also those go for about $90 used in the US and $30 not working/parts only.

Last edited:

XxDonnie

Reputable
Jun 1, 2016
No way. Maybe if it was 10 euro including shipping. It might be worth the risk.

Edit: If it is a bent pin. It might be possible to bend it back without breaking. I've done it before. No way would I spend that much on a motherboard which might be repairable. It just makes zero sense they wouldn't have just spent the 20 euro to have it repaired.

Also those go for about $90 used in the US and $30 not working/parts only.
I think I can fix the bent pins, even though those bottom ones look VERY bent and out of place. What worries me the most is that there appear to be some white spots on the board and on the socket, that look like scratches of some sort. Ordering a board from the US is a no-go for me due to customs. I think I will just try to get the seller to answer me a few more questions regarding those scratches and if the board boots. Thank you for your input.

I think I can fix the bent pins, even though those bottom ones look VERY bent and out of place. What worries me the most is that there appear to be some white spots on the board and on the socket, that look like scratches of some sort. Ordering a board from the US is a no-go for me due to customs. I think I will just try to get the seller to answer me a few more questions regarding those scratches and if the board boots. Thank you for your input.

Those are just on the plastic and PCB. Both of which are quite robust. I'm guessing something fell on the motherboard and bent the pin or they dropped it.