[SOLVED] Can this motherboard VRMs runs I7-10700f

Sep 16, 2020
Hello, the I7-10700f is 65W cpu so there will be no problem to runs this cpu on h510 asus prime m-a without problems of VRM? Artic Freezer 34 is cooler for cpu.

Solution
Should be OK with the 10700f. The manufactures cpu support list doesn't always take the cpus power draw vs the motherboards VRM setup into account. Seems most of the time they just lazily post what the chipset supports. I have seen many boards over the years that will list a cpu as supported(as it technically is) but will have issues with power delivery because of weak power deliver(vrms). The old AMD AM3(+) platforms were notorious for this.

bignastyid

Titan
Should be OK with the 10700f. The manufactures cpu support list doesn't always take the cpus power draw vs the motherboards VRM setup into account. Seems most of the time they just lazily post what the chipset supports. I have seen many boards over the years that will list a cpu as supported(as it technically is) but will have issues with power delivery because of weak power deliver(vrms). The old AMD AM3(+) platforms were notorious for this.

Solution