Question Can using a wireless mice plugged in overcharge the battery?

Ratteus

Prominent
Oct 27, 2021
I'm currently using an ROG Keris wireless mouse, and I'm wondering if using the mouse wired can overcharge the battery and possibly break it.

I'm currently using an ROG Keris wireless mouse, and I'm wondering if using the mouse wired can overcharge the battery and possibly break it.
Do you mean the battery you have in the mouse?
The mouse will have a mAh rating (milliampere per hour) if the battery has the same or more mAh it will be fine.

Also unless it's the cheapest crap it will only charge until full and then let it discharge to a certain level before starting to charge again, this prevents degradation.

Let's see if OP clearify further. If OP can elaborate in such a way that there in fact is reason to believe the motherboard in fact doesn't work properly in some way only when wireless mices are connected, then I'd ask for further details:

What motherboard/CPU/RAM do you have. Not long ago I stumbled over another thread where OP for some strange reason have an issue with wireless mice, but only on that particular computer. Worth a cross check if asking me.

Ratteus

Prominent
Oct 27, 2021
Let's see if OP clearify further. If OP can elaborate in such a way that there in fact is reason to believe the motherboard in fact doesn't work properly in some way only when wireless mices are connected, then I'd ask for further details:

What motherboard/CPU/RAM do you have. Not long ago I stumbled over another thread where OP for some strange reason have an issue with wireless mice, but only on that particular computer. Worth a cross check if asking me.

What I meant to say was, will it shorten my wireless mouse's battery life if I used the mouse while it is plugged in with its charging cable, even though the battery is already full. I don't know if lithium-ion batteries don't particularly like being kept full.