Can we bend a mobo?

abdulazzis410

Proper
Aug 28, 2018
Guys,on my pc build I slightly bend my motherboard because of I don't have screw enough to tie it.when I tried to plug the mobo slightly bends and now it's working fine.i am asking that any bad caused to my mobo?

Solution

That shouldn't hurt anything, i'm sure the board is fine. You may have to bend the board a bit in order to get the 24pin cable in, it can be a real tight fit with some boards and PSU's.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Depends on how bad the bend is. If you are really tourqing the board you could damage things like solder joints or traces on the mobo's PCB over time.

Are you saying the mobo is mounted into the case slightly bent? Or you just bent the mobo slightly when plugging in the power cables? If you bent the board a bit plugging in a cable it should be fine, however I would not bend the mobo and leave it like that in order to mount it into the case.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador

That shouldn't hurt anything, i'm sure the board is fine. You may have to bend the board a bit in order to get the 24pin cable in, it can be a real tight fit with some boards and PSU's.

Solution