Question Can xeon x5680 play cyberpunk?

vqkwb

Reputable
Jan 4, 2018
I was wondering if old xeon like xeon x56xx CPUs can play cyberpunk and other games or is the architecture too old?

That would greatly depend on the rest of the hardware configuration AND what your performance expectations were. But, it's very unlikely that you'd have a very pleasant experience. Minimum spec is 3570k or FX-8310, and that x5680 has significantly more cores and threads than either of them and much better multithreaded performance, and has better single core performance than the FX-8310 but worse than the 3570k, and I can pretty well assure you that neither of those would do particularly well either.

But, if you had the eye candy turned way up and were not particularly worried about a high FPS experience, and had a decent graphics card installed, you could probably get by with some marginal performance. It also makes a big difference what resolution you are playing at as well.

Reactions: vqkwb

vqkwb

Reputable
Jan 4, 2018
That would greatly depend on the rest of the hardware configuration AND what your performance expectations were. But, it's very unlikely that you'd have a very pleasant experience. Minimum spec is 3570k or FX-8310, and that x5680 has significantly more cores and threads than either of them and much better multithreaded performance, and has better single core performance than the FX-8310 but worse than the 3570k, and I can pretty well assure you that neither of those would do particularly well either.

But, if you had the eye candy turned way up and were not particularly worried about a high FPS experience, and had a decent graphics card installed, you could probably get by with some marginal performance. It also makes a big difference what resolution you are playing at as well.
Thanks for replying