Question Can you have 2 bluetooth dongles plugged into 1 PC?

Aussie_Wolfhound

Commendable
Jul 12, 2022
My PC is abit old and doesn't have built-in bluetooth so i use a bluetooth dongle. Only thing is it's an Avantree DG80 which only transmits audio, nothing else. I got it because for a long time now that was all i needed bluetooth for and every review i read said it was an excellent product... which it is. Now however i want to start playing some of my old favourite Wii games using an emulator and so i would need a bluetooth dongle for the Wiimote. Can i have 2 plugged into my Windows 10 PC and would it work?

Aussie_Wolfhound

Commendable
Jul 12, 2022
why would you need both?

does the Bluetooth dongle for the Nintendo product not recognize or allow other non-Nintendo Bluetooth devices?
Sorry for the late reply. I said there my dongle I have now only does audio. It's a top of the range for audio so I want to keep it. My PC is 3 rooms away and I still get crystal clear sound.

It's a top of the range for audio so I want to keep it. My PC is 3 rooms away and I still get crystal clear sound
the distance covered is due to the device being connected, not the host.
and the audio "quality" also has nothing to do with the host, just the device's hardware.
my dongle I have now only does audio
so get a better host that covers all Bluetooth devices.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I know that Logitech sells what they call a Unifying Receiver that would allow several things to connect to it so that you can use one dongle. Prior to that, both my Bluetooth mouse and my Bluetooth keyboard had their own. So with that said, as far as I know the answer is yes. The wild card will be the audio/video aspect because neither of the human interface devices are sending that much data/input.

Do you have the ability to try it?