Question Can you have wire laying on your ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 21, 2021
Hi my aio with rad on top and water pump fittings pointed toward ram the fittings will block slot 1 and if I turn it 90 degrees it clears but the wires lean on the ram is that ok I have a msi z490 ace with a kraken z73 an 4 sticks of Corsair vengeance

kanewolf

Titan
Hi my aio with rad on top and water pump fittings pointed toward ram the fittings will block slot 1 and if I turn it 90 degrees it clears but the wires lean on the ram is that ok I have a msi z490 ace with a kraken z73 an 4 sticks of Corsair vengeance
The ram has a heat spreader that protects the actual components. Having the fan or pump wires touching the RAM shouldn't be an issue.

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014

The wires, as in pump and/or fan wires? No worries. I let my pump wire lie across the RAM time to time (when I'm too lazy after testing thermal pastes), it's too thin and nowhere as taut to put pressure on the sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.