rsbourgoin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
I got a ECS 945P-A motherboard, 2 gigs of GSkill 5400 DDR2, Pentium D 830.

Ok, got a replacement motherboard, but haven't the same problem. This is a lot of pics:
1-5 are me trying to boot from CD, pic 5 is where the comp permenantly stays, pic 3 is where the comp stays (with 5 "." instead of 3) if I don't try to boot from CD. I know the CD rom works and I know the HDD work.

The rest of the pics are my Bios, I notice it says it's running at 3.24gigs, but it's really not overclocked... The last pic is of the inside of the case.

Sorry no tripod and the flash put too much glare, so some are kinda blurry cause I did these by hand.

comp1.jpg

comp2.jpg

comp3.jpg

comp4.jpg

comp5.jpg

comp6.jpg

comp7.jpg

comp8.jpg

comp9.jpg

comp10.jpg

comp11.jpg

comp12.jpg

comp13.jpg

comp14.jpg

comp15.jpg

comp16.jpg

comp17.jpg

In the eighth or ninth picture, it says first boot device.....try harddrive for first, cd-rom for second, floppy for third......did I see that right, 2 cd-rom drives ?................if so, disconnect one for now, and do boot up after making changes ........see what happens.

some of these pictures are real blurry for me.

michaelahess

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Took me about 5 seconds to load, course I have an 8mbit cable modem :)

swifty_morgan is right, pull EVERYTHING you don't need, just the hd and cd-rom and see if it works, also did you try to restore fail safe defaults?

Edit: Also, turn on lba mode and 32bit access. and I meant "optimized settings" stupid ami...

Covered_in_bees

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
This is a bit of a long shot...

There is an article on the microsoft database regarding a problem during install when USB Legacy Support is enabled (article is here).

Whilst this only relates to the i815 chipset, I would suggest disabling this just to be on the safe side. It's not required as stated in the article.

cowboytech

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
It looks like you have a SATA Hard Drive, you have a lot of bios pictures and there are a few more levels it would be nice to see, that the hard drive it is tryng to reach is the SATA.
But, your audio is disabled.

TRENDING THREADS