Question Can you tell me please why asrock ryzen motherboard are not so fast as intel asrock motherboard?

Oct 15, 2020
I have asrock two motherboard. Intel and ryzen base. When I install Windows 10 in both motherboard with same configuration is same ssd, ram I noticed ryzen based motherboard boot in windows 10 under 7 to 9 sec with ultra fast boot mode. But intel based asrock motherboard boot in windows 10 just 4.67 sec!!!!!!. Why this?. What should I do to get same performance?

Flamebrander

Reputable
Aug 1, 2020
I have asrock two motherboard. Intel and ryzen base. When I install Windows 10 in both motherboard with same configuration is same ssd, ram I noticed ryzen based motherboard boot in windows 10 under 7 to 9 sec with ultra fast boot mode. But intel based asrock motherboard boot in windows 10 just 4.67 sec!!!!!!. Why this?. What should I do to get same performance?

its not the motherboard. There could be many things causing this, not just the storage speed. At such low differences in times, I wouldn't worry too much. You probably just have a better processor with the intel side instead of the AMD side, meaning that speeds are overally faster.

Reactions: Barty1884

Barty1884

Retired Moderator

Overhead & BIOS specifics. There's a different initiation process for each platform, so they're never going to be 1:1, they're different platforms.

~5 seconds or ~7 seconds, does it really matter?

Reactions: Suparno15
Oct 15, 2020
If I think so it's better to say to you to examine both motherboards. You can notice post time are not same of both motherboards. I checked in my lab. Does really depends on its cpu

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Atlast I come to know that AMD is slightly slower than Intel but overall performance, AMD beat Intel. Am I Right?

Depends on the task, and the specific CPUs you're comparing.
Generally, for the same money, AMD will have the higher thread count and Intel still 'win' on clock speed or IPC.

5000 series looks set to change that second part, but time will tell.

Reactions: Suparno15
Oct 15, 2020
I must say b550m motherboard can beat Intel motherboard because it has pcie4.0 m. 2 slot which is slightly faster than pcie 3.0 m. 2 slot. Now I am going to check it out whether it can beat Intel or not