[SOLVED] Canceled Acronis True Image Recovery caused system failure

Dec 9, 2020
Windows 10 totally bricked my pc. Even worse, when i ran an acronis true image recovery (not in Windows 10) i cancelled the operation to validate my selection, only to cause system failure. Now in BIOS/UEFI my C Drive (NVMe) is not listed as a Boot option, and the drive that is listed under Windows Boot Manager is not my install directory (C), but another hard drive (D). Any help?

Also: If i do a clean install, and then restore both (with acronis backups (I back up my system everyday) my c drive and d drive (my d drive is used for games only). If i go this route, will my games still be in tact or will i start from zero?

Solution
So I got everything up and running. Turns out the Acronis backups were working fine. After thinking I was stuck in a loop, and after a few failed restore attempts, I tried restarting several times and still got the error. So I tried a few more times and for some strange reason I was booted in to windows and everything was restored perfectly. So Acronis backups DO work the way they're supposed to. However, to do a backup you have to tweak other things, like the MBR and Diskpart and your bios, etc. So I believe all of this played a part in restoring my system.
I use Macrium Reflect for this.
There is no tweaking of the BIOS or anything.
Straight disk image of the whole drive.
Dec 9, 2020
the backup(s) are on a separate drive. C is install directory. D is installed Games. I Have backups for both. My hope is to install the back ups for both and hopefully my games will still be where i left off and not at the beginning. (or re install). What do you think?

USAFRet

Titan
So I got everything up and running. Turns out the Acronis backups were working fine. After thinking I was stuck in a loop, and after a few failed restore attempts, I tried restarting several times and still got the error. So I tried a few more times and for some strange reason I was booted in to windows and everything was restored perfectly. So Acronis backups DO work the way they're supposed to. However, to do a backup you have to tweak other things, like the MBR and Diskpart and your bios, etc. So I believe all of this played a part in restoring my system.
I use Macrium Reflect for this.
There is no tweaking of the BIOS or anything.
Straight disk image of the whole drive.

Solution