Question Cannot create a new simpe volume on SSD

Atharva_2001

Honorable
Aug 11, 2015
Hi there,

I had some 50 GB of SSD partition which was unallocated and was intending to use it to install Wamp Server on it for all my project files. The problem is that when I try to create a new simple volume through Windows Disk Manager, it gives an error saying Access Denied

Could someone help me out!

Cheers

aUBTTui.jpg

ewZBWO8.jpg
U3ncSUp.jpg
cOviz1R.jpg
1I8LGij.jpg

Last edited:

Atharva_2001

Honorable
Aug 11, 2015
Post a screen shot of your Diskmanagement window please if the issue isn't resolved.
I won't be able to see it but it will help others in assisting you.
I'm thinking it just may be that drive is MBR and has a 4 partition limit.
Right click in the area that says Unallocated and select New Simple Volume.
I tried it, but that's what's not working when I say finish on the setup wizard a dialog box appears saying access is denied.

popatim

Titan
Are you logged on as an administrator?
Try searching for diskmgmt.msc and right clicking on it & select run as administrator. Unless you are in a domain then I think this should work otherwise you will probably need to activate the built in administrator account.

Atharva_2001

Honorable
Aug 11, 2015
Are you logged on as an administrator?
Try searching for diskmgmt.msc and right-clicking on it & select run as administrator. Unless you are in a domain then I think this should work otherwise you will probably need to activate the built in administrator account.
one thing I think should have been described by me is that I had already used that space a while ago as a simple partition and enabled windows bit locker or whatever its called(built in windows) in it. and some time later deleted the partition without removing the bit locker thing. Could that be the issue? As of administratotr, I don't really understand what you mean, it's my personal PC so there's only one account on it. Cheers