Cannot Enter BIOS Setup when pressing F2 (Acer)

abazmi

Reputable
Apr 23, 2014
Acer TravelMate P633-M:

Windows 8 Pro to Win7 Pro downgrade from the factory - After doing a clean re-install of Windows 7 Pro, I can no longer get into the BIOS setup when it WAS able to BEFORE the clean install. Pressing the F2 key I can hear the beep, but it just continues on to load Windows normally, and holding it down takes me to the Windows Boot Manager screen. The OS is working fine, but the BIOS setup isn't accessible now.

I've tried every other keyboard combination, USB keyboard, etc. Even tried updating the BIOS via desktop, but I'm still having this problem. I have an identical laptop next to me thats also a Win7Pro downgrade from the factory gets into the BIOS just fine. What happened? Suggestions? Thanks

SOLUTION: HA! I fixed it. Flashed the BIOS via USB.

The catch: Had to use the "BIOS - UEFI for Windows 8 (Not for Upgrades)". The Windows 7 one did not work even though the Acer Support Agent instructed me to.

Thanks, everyone.

Solution
HA! I fixed it. Flashed the BIOS via USB.

The catch: Had to use the "BIOS - UEFI for Windows 8 (Not for Upgrades)" from the Acer website. The Windows 7 one did not work even though the Acer Support Agent instructed me to.

Thanks, everyone.

abazmi

Reputable
Apr 23, 2014
HA! I fixed it. Flashed the BIOS via USB.

The catch: Had to use the "BIOS - UEFI for Windows 8 (Not for Upgrades)" from the Acer website. The Windows 7 one did not work even though the Acer Support Agent instructed me to.

Thanks, everyone.

Solution