Question Cannot get into BIOS - Precarious Situation

SyCoREAPER

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
CPU: i7-13700K (Overclocked) Cooler: Corsair H150 Elite Caprellix 360mm RAM: DDR4 G-Skill 4000Mhz (4x16GB, Gear1) MB: MSI Edge z690 DDR4 WiFi GPU: MSI Gaming Trio 4090 (Custom SuprimX vBIOS) PSU: MSI MPG A1000G PCIE5

Before posting this, I was literally able to only get into the BIOS in ONE! way, Advanced Restart in Windows to UEFI. That one way only worked literally 1 in 30 or so times, it was that inconsistent. Doesn't matter which output, DP or HDMI.

Today I bought a riser cable and plugged my old 1650 in. No picture from the 1650 or 4090. Ctrl Alt Del reboots, goes into Windows, only the 1650 is displaying. At the time I didn't notice it did it so quickly but after a minute in windows it apparently removed the 4090 drivers. I reboot. Try to go into the BIOS, 4090 is outputting the BIOS! but not the 1650? So while I'm in there I change the boot order and saw Fast Boot was on. Set the NVMe to boot last, Fastboot disabled, reboot, can get into the BIOS. Awesome.

Wait 30 minutes to test again, Black frickrn screen again when I hit the BIOS. I reboot try again and it consistently goes in. Wait another 30, same thing, same "fix". It goes into the BIOS 8 out of 10 times now.

Everything is seated (re-did it to be sure). Flashed original GPU firmware. Tried different monitors including my TV. This is my second MB (same model) thats done this, I'll comment on why below if needed but this is already pretty long. Windows is 100% stable, HW has been put through a thourough stress test and no failures, reboots or WHEA's.

I came across this Tom's HW Post but am not sure what this setting is called or recall ever seeing it. Would that play any part?

Input and help appreciated.

Latest posts