Sep 30, 2024
Hello! My CPU's temperature's been getting quite hot. I haven't changed any clock speeds or voltages from BIOS, besides activating XMP. I've noticed temperatures reaching 85 degrees celsius.

SPECS:
Motherboard: GIGABYTE A520M DS3H V2, Socket AM4
CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 5500, 4.2GHz, 19MB, socket AM4, BOX
Memory: 2 X Kingston FURY Beast, 16GB DDR4, 3200MHz CL16
GPU:
XFX AMD Radeon™ RX 580 GTS XXX Edition 8GB
I'm running these components using a fresh install of Windows 11.

An app automatically installed called GIGABYTE APP Center, where from I installed another app called EasyTune (I've come to know that it's not safe for overclocking and I should use the BIOS).
I quickly tried the OC profiles, which surprinsingly gives me higher clock speeds while achieving significantly lower temperatures (35-73 at most C).
On the store's website it was listed as "Procesor AMD Ryzen™ 5 5500, 4.2GHz, 19MB, socket AM4, BOX".
I don't know how to safely get it to the 4.2GHz. I tried using Ryzen Master, but I get a dialogue saying this:
Overclocking feature is not supported by the processor. Hence only current view is visible and you will not be able to switch to other profiles.
Please help me.

Sep 30, 2024
Correct, but I don't understand how the OC profile in the picture I attached is able to give me lower temperatures while maintaining higher clock speeds and stability(haven't had any sort of crashes or issues).