Question Cannot install any language pack+updates acting weird

Nov 8, 2019
Basically, I am on a clean install of windows 10 pro, new hardware. On a x570 gaming edge wifi motherboard, ryzen 3700x (dont know if thats relevant)
I have done multiple installs of windows, and reach the same problem at each step.

What happens is that I get windows installed and start windows update. Get a couple downloads and installs going, reboot, download some more updates, reboot. THEN I get to the point where it acts weird each time. The same couple of updates are always left in the end, and they are the following,

Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602
Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - November 2019
Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4523205)
Update for Windows Defender Antivirus antimalware platform - KB4052623 (Version 4.18.1910.4)
2019-10 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.7.2 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64 (KB4524099)

and each time I reach the point where these downloads are left, they just wont download. It will be at 0% no matter what I do. I then go to updating the Japanese language pack (because I need a Japanese keyboard since I live here) and same thing, it refuses to download. Whats worse is, I've got a .cab file which is supposed to have the japanese language file on it, and right clicking install on that gives a cmd.exe window with the error "Error: 0x800f081e
The specified package is not applicable to this image."

To make matters worse, each time I start the computer, after a while these language packs or updates will automatically resume (which will leave them at 0%) and every time that happens, rebooting becomes a chore. Every time a download has been initiated, rebooting will cause the computer to stay on the screen "wait until windows is installing some files, do not turn off the computer" where it wont restart until it has been at this screen for a full HOUR. I imagine it isnt actually doing anything at all, and 1 hour is the timer set to just force a reboot or so.

Basically every time the computer has been on for about 15min or more, I now need a full hour to reboot.
I have been able to remove automatic updating, so thats kinda resolved (although I would like the ability to actually UPDATE my system), but that doesnt change anything, because language downloads still get initiated automatically, and those are seperate from windows update, and I dont know how to disable those. But quite frankly, I dont want to disable them, I want to install the damn languages.

Anyway as you can tell I'm very frustrated with how I can't get it to download any language or update, and each possible solution usually requires 3 steps just to attempt to solve it, for it to end up failing anyway. I'm getting really tired with this, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nov 8, 2019
Things that I have tried include using the troubleshooter, going to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download and remove all the folders with temporary download files and retry downloading, manually downloading language packs, and possibly other things which I cant recollect at the moment.