Cannot print pdf files and Chinese characters ?

G

I just bought a Xerox DocuPrint P8ex laser printer. I thought it would be good, and it was true for normal English Word documents. But I found out it cannot print Adobe Acrobat files and Chinese documents correctly.

For Adobe Acrobat files, all the texts simply become something like linking circles, eg. ooooooooooo with all the circles joint to each other.

For Word documents with both Chinese and English on it, it simply refuses to print the Chinese part of it, leaving it blank.

I am definitely disappointed with these problems, my 7 years old HP inkjet can do all this perfectly. So is there a solution to these problems. I am running Windows 2000 and installed the Win2000 printer drivers downloaded from your website and I also install the Xerox utilities and font managers bundled with the printer CD.

Thanks
Brian

G

Its probably trying to assign a font to the Chinese letters and cant find one, try printing it out as something other than a text file

machow

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I'm not sure that is the problem of the printer because printers do not only print text nowadays they print text like printing from an image. Have you done any modification to the system before you changed to Xerox?

------------------
This site is cool.