Cannot reset Windows 8 with recovery disk, The media inserted is not valid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davut Kurbanov

Honorable
Sep 24, 2013
Hello all,I was experiencing problems with my windows 8 so i wished to reset it. I couldn't log into my account because the welcome screen was stuck and if i tried to make a recovery disk in safe mode it said that i couldnt create a recovery disk in safe mode. so i asked my friend who has windows 8 (64 Bit) to create a recovery disk on his usb. After he created it i plugged it into my laptop, Changed the booting order so the FlashDrive boots up first but when i try to reset my PC the error is:The Media inserted is not valid. Try Again. So i kept connecting and disconnecting but it still would not work.I tried refreshing and auto repair but i got errors like "No Changes were made"My PC Specs are:Acer Aspire V3-551GAMD Quad-Core Processor A10-4600M with Turbo CORE technology up to 3.20 GhzAMD Radeon HD 7600G+7670M with 2GB Dedicated VRAM8GB DDR3 Ram750GB HDD.I was having this issue for 3 days so far and it is bugging me.Btw the recovery USB is 4GB but the recovery files only take up about 300mbAnd i bought my PC with windows 7 but then i upgraded it.Any help will be appreciated :)

WinOutreach2

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
You may want to double check the creation process for the Recovery Drive. Instructions are outlined here at Windows Support. Simply type Create Recovery at the Start Screen and select Create a recovery drive from under Settings. Unless the checkbox for Copy the recovery partition from the PC to the recover drive is selected, the Recovery Drive is created with only the tools and basic Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) required to facilitate repairs on a system.

It sounds as though something may have gone wrong with the system prior to reset, with the factory image stored on the system, or with the reset process that has led to corruption of your system files. You may be able to resolve the issue by repairing the system files from the Recovery Drive using the System File Checker Utility (SFC). To run this, boot to the recovery drive and select Troubleshooting, then Advanced, then Control Prompt and enter sfc /scannow. It will attempt to repair any corruption found in the system files.

A possible reason why your USB stick is not launching could be due to a difference in architecture between the systems. You mentioned that your friend had 64 bit Windows 8. If your system is 32 bit, you will require a Recovery Drive created from a 32 bit Windows environment.

Another possible reason for your USB stick not launching properly could be Secure Boot. While the Recovery Environment should be able to launch on UEFI systems with Secure Boot enabled, it is possible that something has caused the environment on the USB stick to be detected as unauthorized. To resolve this enter UEFI via the firmware (BIOS) entry key and disable options labeled Trusted Boot or Secure Boot.

Davut Kurbanov

Honorable
Sep 24, 2013

Sorry, I tried sfc /scannow now but i get
Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.
Both me and my friend are 64 bit
And can you please explain the last solution

Status
Not open for further replies.