Cannot see user name in Task Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimmyJ

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2003
I have recently noticed that Task Manager no longer displays the user name for my list of processes running. Does anyone know how I can get them back?
Thanks.

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
Nope - that didn't work.

<b>"The Edge - there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over." Hunter S. Thompson, </b><b><i>Hell's Angels, 1965</i></b>

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
Check the scroll bar and see if the column is scrolled off to the right (i.e., other columns are too wide.

Failing that, do you have administrator priviledges?

Mike.

<font color=blue>Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside the dog its too dark to read.
-- Groucho Marx</font color=blue>

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
Yep - but no name in column.

<b>"The Edge - there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over." Hunter S. Thompson, </b><b><i>Hell's Angels, 1965</i></b>

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
Hmmm... I may be confused here - do you have a name column with no names in it, or do you not even have a name column?

Mike.

<font color=blue>Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside the dog its too dark to read.

riser

Illustrious
When you go to View - Select Columns -

Is User Name checked?

If it is.. remove all other checkboxes (except image name since it's probably grayed out).

You can sometimes accidently make a column disappear by shrinking it into another column's edge.

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
I have a name column ... but no name ... and I've expanded and shrunk the column width ... it was an interesting question, but I, nevertheless, know who I am ... :)

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
Interesting...

I, nevertheless, know who I am
But your computer doesn't...

Which could be a good thing. :)

Google sent me here: <A HREF="http://www.winxptutor.com/tmuserblank.htm" target="_new">winxptutor.com</A>. Maybe that's the problem.

Mike.

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
Yep ... that was it ... I had that service disabled (as per Black Viper) ... and am gonna leave it disabled ... but thanks for clearing that up. Must have been one of the tweaks I employed at some time.

jikcal

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2009

This worked excellently for me: Click Start and select Run. Type: services.msc
On the list of services, that pops up, double click on Terminal Services. On the Start type select Automatic. This starts the Terminal service right away and automatically at start up hereafter.
Cheers,
jikcal

Status
Not open for further replies.