[SOLVED] Cannot view Boot or Bios Screens on Display Port cable

barnyard80

Prominent
Jun 5, 2020
I have a Quadro 4000 in my Dell T7500, connected via DisplayPort.

I don't see boot or bios screens anymore. But I see the screen fine once I have booted into Ubuntu.

When I connected a monitor via DVI, I saw boot and bios screens.

Unfortunately, my new monitor does not have a DVI input.

What could I do to remedy the situation? Would a DVI to display port adapter help?

Solution
Why do you wanna see the post screen anyways? To get into BIOS just press the key (del, F2,F12....) to enter your computer´s BIOS, DisplayPort should show you a screen then too

DVI to HDMI would be the cheapest thing and could work

DVI to DP would involve an active adapter which is really expensive ($40)

barnyard80

Prominent
Jun 5, 2020
I need to connect the DVI output of my Quadro 4000 to a Philips monitor which has Display Port and HDMI inputs.

Would it be better to get a DVI to Display Port cable, or DVI to HDMI?

The reason I don't want to connect my graphics card's Display Port output to the monitor is because it does not show the boot/bios screens.

My monitor is this: https://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/328E1CA_00/curved-lcd-monitor-with-ultra-wide-color

Why do you wanna see the post screen anyways? To get into BIOS just press the key (del, F2,F12....) to enter your computer´s BIOS, DisplayPort should show you a screen then too

DVI to HDMI would be the cheapest thing and could work

DVI to DP would involve an active adapter which is really expensive ($40)

Solution

barnyard80

Prominent
Jun 5, 2020
The Quadro 4000 doesn't display the BIOS via the display port cable. So if I ever need to change bios settings, it won't be possible using display port. It only works when I have booted into Ubuntu. I've ordered a DVI to HDMI cable from Amazon. Hopefully it will work.

TRENDING THREADS