Question Canon IP2600 - not used in years - can I just replace the ink cartridge?

mossi

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2013
Canon IP2600 - not used in years - can I just replace the ink cartridge?

The title says it all really.
I haven't used this printer in 2-3 years. Can I just replace the ink cartridge and it'll work or do other parts require cleaning?

I'm happy to buy another cartridge if that's all that it needs. I did a search in Google but couldn't find much about whether it's usable or not.

Thank you

mossi

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2013
don't know until you try
basically I'd like to avoid spending money on a new cartridge because if it doesn't work it's wasted money
I don't have great printing needs and the cost of a new printer is comparable to the cartridge relatively..

It'll cost me around £11-13 to buy a cartridge or it'll cost me around £25 to buy a new printer with a cartridge..

I'm not printing much hence why I haven't used it for so many years but to fulfil my printing needs now i'd rather spend less money on a cartridge if this is definitely going to work..

basically I'd like to avoid spending money on a new cartridge because if it doesn't work it's wasted money
I don't have great printing needs and the cost of a new printer is comparable to the cartridge relatively..

It'll cost me around £11-13 to buy a cartridge or it'll cost me around £25 to buy a new printer with a cartridge..

I'm not printing much hence why I haven't used it for so many years but to fulfil my printing needs now i'd rather spend less money on a cartridge if this is definitely going to work..

Since there is no way if it will work or not then just buy a new printer so you don't waste money on the ink only if it does not work. You are basically gambling with yourself, 100% it will work but more money or less chance it will work but less money. So spend 25 or take a chance and either spend 13 or 38.

mossi

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2013
I asked the question in a different forum as no one here seems to know and someone came back to me and said that if I buy a new cartridge it'll work as the heads are actually on the cartridge. So I took a punt on that and I bought a compatible cartridge and it did work!

I'm mentioning it here in case it helps someone else.