Question Can't access Bios on my Gigabyte B560M aorus pro ax, VGA led on on startup

Nov 1, 2023
Hey, I just assembled my components but when I turn on the system, the VGA led on the motherboard stays on, and can't even access BIOS to change any settings.

My CPU doesn't have a integrated grpahic core on it (i5-11400F), so can't boot using onboard graphics.

And I don't have another spare VGA to go into bios. (Except for an ancient old GT210, which show same exact behavior). I've read some similar threads and questions, and know that I should change something UEFI into something Legacy.

How can I change BIOS settings without entering it? I'm thinking of finding a Bios update file, with the desired default settings, and use the Q-FlashPlus feature to update my mobo BIOS into something that detects my VGA on boot time.

I must hurry and am worried, cuz the seller I bought parts from, only gave me few days to test the parts, and can't return them if some problem is with them already.

This is the list of components:
MB: Gigabyte Aorus B560M pro ax
CPU: Intel i5 11400F
RAM: Corsair vengeance 2x8GB @3200MHz
GPU: MSI Ventus Gtx 1650 - 4GB - Gddr6 OCV1
Power 700 watt

I must hurry and am worried, cuz the seller I bought parts from, only gave me few days to test the parts, and can't return them if some problem is with them already
if there is already an issue with any of the hardware before purchasing the components then that is the exact reason you should be returning.

if the seller added that bit into the contract before purchase then it would appear they knew there was an issue with the system to begin with.
How can I change BIOS settings without entering it?
if updating the BIOS and allowing it to load with optimized defaults does not seem possible as is;

you can reset current settings to manufacturer optimized defaults by either using an included motherboard reset switch/button or by pulling the CMOS battery for a documented amount of time.

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech
Nov 1, 2023
I tried the cmos reset. It doesn't resolve the issue because the default settings in bios are such that it doesn't recognize the gpu. (Something about the UEFI vs LEGACY setting which I don't understand whether it's a mobo specification or the gpu)

Nov 1, 2023
I was hoping to download a changed version of the bios file, not to tweak it myself before q-flashing the mobo.
But can't find anything on internet.

Was hoping someone with the same mobo, could backup his bios into a bin file (ofcourse after changing the default values) , so I can q flash my mobo using that file.
Is it possible?

Nov 1, 2023
Update:
Using a USB2.0 thumb drive, I managed to update mobo bios to version F12 (which is the most recent bios on gigabyte website for my specific mobo) by Q-FlashPlus (removed all hardware, just left the power connectors on 24pin and cpu power, and started the process by pressing the Qflash+ button on mobo. It blinked for about 6 minutes and then restarted then turned off completely. I think it got updated successfully)

But the problem persists. VGA led on mobo is on and no POST screen. Fans work on GPU, and the previous checkups (CPU and DRAM) leds are ok. Just VGA.

What should I do?

Nov 1, 2023
My problem got resolved.
After the bios update mentioned above, I restarted the system a few times, and waited for a few minutes when the vga led was still on.
Suddenly it posted once, got into bios and saw my hardware info, made me relieved.

Then again after a restart, it just didn't post again, vga led again.
I switched the monitor (connectdd through hdmi) off and on a few times, and rrstarted, and it posted ok.
And now everything works fine, just finished OS installation and drivers just now.

Don't know if it was the monitor, the bios update or what but resolved.
PS. The bios info shows F12, which means the Qflashplus in blindness, was successful.

problem got resolved.
be careful with any data you want to keep around with multiple regular backups.

if this board is the cause of all the frustration you never know when it may decide to act up again and could cause corruption with any data open at the time.
Suddenly it posted once, got into bios and saw my hardware info...
again after a restart, it just didn't post again, vga led again...
rrstarted, and it posted ok.
And now everything works fine
it's possible that this update just took a few restarts to fully implement.
but i would be very wary of this system into the future.

Power 700 watt
what is the brand & model..?