Can't access BIOS?

PotatoeJuiceBox

Honorable
Oct 31, 2013
To begin, im a beginner at building any type of computer and i have successfully put together one myself. However when i connected it and was ready to install windows, i want to acess my bios to check the booting order. But when i press the DEL or F2 button to acess (like it says on the screen) nothing happens. Everything is working and everything is connected except my HDD for OS download purposes. I have 4 SATA slots on my MOBO used. 1 for HDD, 1 for SSD, 1 for DVD and one for a eSATA port on the front of the case.
My MOBO is the ASUS Maximus VII Hero.

-------------------------------------

Another thing in on the boot up screen the usb things that it detects is 2 keyboards, 1 mouse and 2 hubs.

What does it mean by hubs? I only have a keyboard and a mouse connected.

Please help me :(

look at the mb serial number the last four numbers are the bios rev of the mb if it below MAXIMUS VII HERO BIOS 1104 use the usb flashback tool and update the bios to rule out a bios bug. on your keyboard and mouse are both of them wireless. some wireless keyuboards dont post right on some mb to get into the bios you may need a hard wired keyboard.

PotatoeJuiceBox

Honorable
Oct 31, 2013

My keyboard and mouse are both usb wired. And i have thought of trying the BIOS Flashback but i wanted to make sure if it was necessary

PotatoeJuiceBox

Honorable
Oct 31, 2013

I have tried putting my keyboard on other slots and nothing would work however when i have keybot on and put in the keybot usb slot, it detects 1 keyboard instead of 2 like the other usb slot.

PotatoeJuiceBox

Honorable
Oct 31, 2013
Another thing too that im not sure that you guys will be able to solve but the Q-Code on the MOBO says A2 which means IDE Detect and i have no idea what that means and if it has anything to do with the bios access problem aswell as the Boot Device LED being on.