Question Can't boot from ssd

Nov 7, 2022
Hi guys!
I recently buyed a new m2 ssd and a new bank of RAM and installed them into my Asus tuf gaming z490 plus.
I already have a m2 ssd installed in my m2_1 socket wich I use to boot Windows 10.
After an initial failed boot(the new ram wasn't recognized) and an error message(wich I don't remember) I reinstalled the Ram and now everything is recognized in the Bios(RAM and the new ssd plus the old one)

The issue was that I couldn't boot from my "old" ssd and it wasn't in the boot menu of the bios but it was recognized under the devices in the main page(as a Raid device don't know why I think it has something to do with other 2 sata hdd installed in my pc. I don't know because I did not do the assembly of the Pc In the first place)
Also my boot options was:
CSM disabled and other Os enabled
I tried many things and I was able to make my old ssd appear in the boot menu by disabling the Raid options in the bios, by enabling CSM and changing the boot priority from my new ssd to my old one(not in the boot menu but in another option) and the selecting the old ssd in the boot menu.
The problem is that Windows doesn't boot from my old ssd and I can only insert a USB flash drive with windows 10 and do a fresh installion(cant do recovery or stuff like that but using the "notepad command prompt" I can see my old ssd and all my files so I did a quick backup of the files I want to save)

Do you guys have any idea how to solve this issue?
I can do a fresh installation of windows but obviously I'd like to avoid this option but it's not a big deal.
(as I said I have some hdd installed but don't know if it could be an issue anyway I ll try to unplug them )

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Bye!

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2022
Little update:

I've tried different things with no luck:
1)unplugged my hard disks(now I have only the 2 ssd in place)
2)did a motherboard hard reset

Now my Bios is reset I think (I have an incorrect time and date) and on the storga information I have my old ssd with windows in Raid (still dont know why) and the new one in nmve but I can only select the USB flash drive with the bootable windows in the boot menu

Any idea?