Cant boot windows on new motherboard

CallmeMiner49er

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
Hi tomshardware!
I just installed a 4930k and asus rampage iv in my computer. I upgraded from a 3570k and asus z77lk. When I booted my system up, it said that an OS did not exist on my ssd. Windows 10 is on my ssd, but it will not boot. I then installed windows 8 on the same ssd, making sure to keep my old windows still there. So now here I am, on windows 8 with a windows.old.000 folder with all the files of my windows still there. How can I boot to this windows 10? I also tried to repair the windows 10 copy through my windows 8 installation disk but it said my ssd was locked? Any help is appreciated!

Driazz

Commendable
Oct 5, 2016
Right now, I'm trying to install windows on my SSD (It's a pain right now) Anyways, what I'd do is back up your files onto another drive. Unplug your drive that your back up files are on and then try to reinstall windows, then do the upgrade to windows 10

CallmeMiner49er

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013

I would do that, but the period of free upgrade to windows 10 is now over... Is windows saved to part of the motherboard? I just don't really understand why windows would work fine on one motherboard and then not work on the other? The new windows 8 copy is even saved to the same ssd with the windows.old.000 folder on it.

TRENDING THREADS