Question Cant change the "This Drive is read only" or "this media is write protected"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messouri

Prominent
Feb 17, 2022
hi I have a problem, my D drive suddenly can't be edited, I can't delete files, add folders, I can only access folders that are already there. I've tried several solutions on google but they haven't worked. the solution i tried like "diskpart -> list disk -> select disk -> attributes disk clear readonly" i have also tried chkdsk but it doesn't work either. not only that I have also done a solution to turn off write protected in the registry. when I checked my disk using file explorer by doing "right click on disk -> properties -> tools -> error checking " there I found the message "Repair this drive".

Please help me :)

Messouri

Prominent
Feb 17, 2022
it's ssd, the model name is adata SX6000LNP.
I've checked using the ADATA SSD toolbox, and it's still in good health and I've also done a full diagnostic on the drive and it says it's in good condition .

what should i do

Last edited:
hi I have a problem, my D drive suddenly can't be edited, I can't delete files, add folders, I can only access folders that are already there. I've tried several solutions on google but they haven't worked. the solution i tried like "diskpart -> list disk -> select disk -> attributes disk clear readonly" i have also tried chkdsk but it doesn't work either. not only that I have also done a solution to turn off write protected in the registry. when I checked my disk using file explorer by doing "right click on disk -> properties -> tools -> error checking " there I found the message "Repair this drive".

Copy the files from that drive (you should have backups anyway), do a clean format on it, see if it works OK after that. Seems there is some issue with it despite the diagnostic saying it's OK.

Messouri

Prominent
Feb 17, 2022
Copy the files from that drive (you should have backups anyway), do a clean format on it, see if it works OK after that. Seems there is some issue with it despite the diagnostic saying it's OK.
i cant format it, it says "this disk is write protected". Also i check the drive with "DISKPART -> list disk -> select disk 1 -> attributes disk" and it says "read only : no" but still i cant do anything with it.

Is this SSD damaged and can't be repaired?

Last edited:

Richj444

Prominent
May 25, 2022

Try this: Restore Access to a Write-Protected Hard Drive (pcworld.com)

Messouri

Prominent
Feb 17, 2022
Can you do a clean on it with diskpart ? Then try to create a new partition and format it once it's cleaned.
hi sorry if it took me so long to reply, I can't do that either, still popping up the same message "write protected" . but when I check the disk attribute "read only : no" but "Current Read-Only States : Yes"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS