[SOLVED] Can't connect psu to 8-pin gpu?

Aug 28, 2020
So I'm trying connect my Q-Dion QD500 PSU to geforce gtx 1660 super oc, that requires 8-pin power supply. On the q-dion's website and pcpartpicker it states that my psu has 6+2pin connector for gpu but in reality all I can see on this PSU is 5-pin and 6-pin connectors, for some reason. Upon connecting one cable and powering up computer it says 'please connect power supply unit to your graphics card'

So the question is: is it possible to connect it to my gpu and how? Or maybe, for some reason, I've got a special snowflake PSU?

Solution
So I'm trying connect my Q-Dion QD500 PSU to geforce gtx 1660 super oc, that requires 8-pin power supply. On the q-dion's website and pcpartpicker it states that my psu has 6+2pin connector for gpu but in reality all I can see on this PSU is 5-pin and 6-pin connectors, for some reason. Upon connecting one cable and powering up computer it says 'please connect power supply unit to your graphics card'

So the question is: is it possible to connect it to my gpu and how? Or maybe, for some reason, I've got a special snowflake PSU?

No. You just have the older version of that PSU. Which is kind of funny because even the "new" version is pretty old to begin with!

You need to ditch the relic and get something from the current...

No. You just have the older version of that PSU. Which is kind of funny because even the "new" version is pretty old to begin with!

You need to ditch the relic and get something from the current decade. ;)

Solution