Can't connect to 5G internet?

seang123

Great
Feb 19, 2018
So I was trying to connect to my 5G wireless internet, when I do so, it says it cannot connect. I have the base internet which is like 30mpbs download slower which connects just fine but as soon as I connect to the 5G version it says it cannot connect. Yes, I checked and my computer does support 802.11ac.

Edit: It connected. Not sure how long this will last and I will let you know if it disconnects.
Edit: It disconnected after I tried to go to Youtube or any other website. It said no internet connection and I ran the diagnostic test and it said "The connection between your access point, router, or cable modem and the Internet is broken." and went back to the normal internet that is not 5G. It will last for a short amount of time before going back to normal internet.

seang123

Great
Feb 19, 2018

The router is right next to my computer and there is an open door to where it is, there should be no interference. It'll say it's connected but as soon as I go to a website it loops in loading and then says there is no internet connection but it still says there is.

seang123

Great
Feb 19, 2018

Also keep in mind it'll sometimes work for a few minutes then say there is no internet connection.