Question Can't connect to the built in bluetooth on my PC

Jan 5, 2022
Hello, I am having an issue that I can not get my pc to connect to devices via Bluetooth. It will pair momentarily and then disconnect powering down the device. I have made sure Bluetooth is on, airplane mode is off, updated all drivers, updated windows, restarted the service, unplugged all usb devices form the pc minus mouse, and using several devices in an attempt to connect. I even bought a new Bluetooth dongle, disabled the built in bluetooth and it still would not connect. Nothing was updated prior to the problem and no physical changes. Any help is much appreciated.

Hardware: motherboard is the msi MPG-X570-GAMING-EDGE-WIFI with built in Bluetooth using a Ryzen 7 3800x

try altering your Power Plan's Wireless settings to Maximum Performance.

I can not get my pc to connect to devices
what devices exactly?
do all of these devices work as they should with other Bluetooth connections?
updated all drivers
where did you get these updated drivers, directly from the motherboard manufacturer product support downloads page?

and make sure you are using the latest available BIOS.

Jan 5, 2022
It will connect and pair for a few seconds and then disconnect. On my wireless PS5 controller it will disconnect as soon as I okay the pairing in windows. For my phone it will show that is connected in the tray but the phone will say it failed to connect.

I updated the drivers via the MSI page and manually downloaded and updated them.

In an attempt to try everything I even reinstalled a fresh copy of windows. Still the same.