Question "Can't connect to this network" issue

Jun 7, 2023
Hello !
i'm having an issue with my Asus PCE-AC68 (Wireless PCIe card), since one week i cannot connect to my wifi anymore (I have this card for 2 years now), somehow i was able to connect my pc to my phone's hotspot whether it's 2.4GHz or 5GHz (but not anymore since today ? either if it's WPA2, WPA3 or just no security)), i tried many things since then (like rebooting my Wifi, my PC, reset the cards, uninstall the driver and re installing the newest one, i even reset my windows but nothing), I, once, be abled to reconnect to my wifi but it last a couple of hours only before having the issue back
I hope that someone will be able to help thanks

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

i even reset my windows but nothing)
Usually a corruption in the OS won't go away with a reset. If I were you, I'd reinstall the OS after fabricating the bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools.

Could you please pass on the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. As for your motherboard, please mention the BIOS version at this moment of time.

Jun 7, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

i even reset my windows but nothing)
Usually a corruption in the OS won't go away with a reset. If I were you, I'd reinstall the OS after fabricating the bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools.

Could you please pass on the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. As for your motherboard, please mention the BIOS version at this moment of time.
Yes sure !

CPU: i5-9600K
CPU cooler: Be Quiet Pure rock
Motherboard: MSI Z390-A Pro (BIOS Ver: E7B98IMS.160 (early 2019 build))
Ram: DDR4 Ballistix Sport LT 2x8Go (3200MHz CAS 16)
HDD 1: Seagate Barracuda 1To
SSD (SATA): Intel 545s Series 256Go
SSD (NVMe): Samsung 980 500Go
GPU: KFA2 RTX 2060 6Go
PSU: Corsair RM850 (2 month old (my previous one died from an overload))
Chassis: NZXT H5
Main Monitor: LDLC Pano+
second monitor: Asus VX228H

And yes I planned to do a full reinstallation of the OS because of the issue

Jun 7, 2023
Motherboard: MSI Z390-A Pro (BIOS Ver: E7B98IMS.160 (early 2019 build))
You have updates pending.

PSU: Corsair RM850 (2 month old (my previous one died from an overload))
What was your prior PSU's make and model + it's age?
Yes i will do the update when W11 will be installed on my USB key

my prior PSU was a Cooler Master MWE gold 650FM (it was about 4 Years old)

Jun 7, 2023
Update
I did the re installation of my OS (by erasing the other one) et updated my bios and sadly nothing changed, my card still can't connect to any wifi, but it doesnt recognize 5GHz anymore although it's supposed to be compatible

2nd Update: I installed the broadcom driver and now i can connect to my phone hotspot, but only on the 5GHz band, i guess that I should dispatch the two band of my box and connect to the 5GHz ?

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2023
Update
a part of the wifi card died, (i think that it was still working but the card just had no reach anymore, that's why i couldnt connect to my wifi even if i could see it on the list, that's why i was loosing the connection of my phone's hotspot if I went further than 50cm of my antenna)

I bought a nex one and now it's working perfectly