Can't create a new user account (xp won't let me)

Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

When I create a new account and try to log on as that new account, I get a
little pop-up "Windows Cannot Load the Users Profile But Has Logged You On
with the Default Profile for the System" and it is basically a blank user
account with nothing in the My Documents ie. My Pictures, My Music, no
shared folder on C: etc... and nothing in Documents and settings, ie.
Application data, Local Settings, etc... and nothing will load, Task Manager
says only 4 processes open, no explorer etc...
I have been to these two places below but no help, the "remedy" is for
windows 2000 pro and windows xp pro, I have Windows XP Home SP1 on a new
network (I am holding out as long as I can before having to do SP2)

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;246936 Windows 2000
Pro.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309428 Windows XP
Pro

"Richard" <rwrede2@hotmail.com> wrote:

>When I create a new account and try to log on as that new account, I get a
>little pop-up "Windows Cannot Load the Users Profile But Has Logged You On
>with the Default Profile for the System" and it is basically a blank user
>account with nothing in the My Documents ie. My Pictures, My Music, no
>shared folder on C: etc... and nothing in Documents and settings, ie.
>Application data, Local Settings, etc... and nothing will load, Task Manager
>says only 4 processes open, no explorer etc...

See if this helps: "Error Message: Windows Cannot Load Your Profile
Because It May Be Corrupted"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318011).

--
(tm)