Discussion Can't decide between 24 inch 1080p and 27 inch 1080p ?

PedroL2000

Reputable
Feb 1, 2021
So, do you guys know when you're stuck in a decision and you literally can't make the final decision because you think decision A is best but then you start wondering again about decision B again? That's the situation I'm at about monitors. I recently bought 2 monitors, one Dell S2721DGF (27'' 1440p 165Hz) and one Gigabyte G24F (24'' 1080p 165Hz). Since I just realized my desk won't fit 2 monitors, I'm returning one of them, but I can't decide which one to keep.

I know it's about MY preference and about getting used to it, but I really can't come to a final decision, so I wan't to hear you guys out about what would you do in my situation. In terms of price, performance and colours they are pretty much the same. I can get 160+ FPS in pretty much every game with my RTX 3060 and I can't really tell the difference between the colour display and contrast ratio (they are both IPS). I will make a brief list of their cons and pros in MY point of view.

Some things to consider: My main games are League and Valorant, I sit about 60cm from the screen and in 1440p I use 125% windows scaling.

Dell S2721DGF: Looks sharper, feels really good to read, but in some games it looks like the HUD are weird and disproportional and somethings don't seem to scale well. Healthbars and shop icons in League for example seem a bit blurry (League players could tell me if that's really a thing or it's just an issue for me). Also, 27'' display looks to big for me, but I think that's just a matter of getting used to.

Gigabyte G24F: The smaller size is perfect for me, it helps me tunnel my vision, and it won't upscale my games. But it obviously looks less sharp, which makes me miss the 1440p a lot. And if I lean a bit forward, I can see the pixels.

For now, I feel like returning the 27'' and stick to 1080p, but I want hear some opinions.

27" 1440p 165Hz all the way. That's what I use and I love it. I play League also. Everything seems just fine to me.

I sold a 24" 1080p 144Hz monitor I used before I got this one. Kinda wish I still had it. Maybe keep it stored away just in case. Then you can switch between. I'm sure there will be times you want to know what a different resolution performs and looks like.

So, do you guys know when you're stuck in a decision and you literally can't make the final decision because you think decision A is best but then you start wondering again about decision B again? That's the situation I'm at about monitors. I recently bought 2 monitors, one Dell S2721DGF (27'' 1440p 165Hz) and one Gigabyte G24F (24'' 1080p 165Hz). Since I just realized my desk won't fit 2 monitors, I'm returning one of them, but I can't decide which one to keep.

I know it's about MY preference and about getting used to it, but I really can't come to a final decision, so I wan't to hear you guys out about what would you do in my situation. In terms of price, performance and colours they are pretty much the same. I can get 160+ FPS in pretty much every game with my RTX 3060 and I can't really tell the difference between the colour display and contrast ratio (they are both IPS). I will make a brief list of their cons and pros in MY point of view.

Some things to consider: My main games are League and Valorant, I sit about 60cm from the screen and in 1440p I use 125% windows scaling.

Dell S2721DGF: Looks sharper, feels really good to read, but in some games it looks like the HUD are weird and disproportional and somethings don't seem to scale well. Healthbars and shop icons in League for example seem a bit blurry (League players could tell me if that's really a thing or it's just an issue for me). Also, 27'' display looks to big for me, but I think that's just a matter of getting used to.

Gigabyte G24F: The smaller size is perfect for me, it helps me tunnel my vision, and it won't upscale my games. But it obviously looks less sharp, which makes me miss the 1440p a lot. And if I lean a bit forward, I can see the pixels.

For now, I feel like returning the 27'' and stick to 1080p, but I want hear some opinions.
Something that's important to me is viewing distance.
I don't want a monitor so large that I have to scan back and forth with my neck.
That gets old quick.

Once I have settled on a size then it's feature time.