Can't delete a printer

I have two printers (both network connected) that I am trying to delete.
The delete "seems" to work but the icons won't go away. Also one of the
printers had some pending jobs and when you mouse-over it the tooltip says
"x jobs deleting" but the icon doesn't go away.

???????????????

TIA,

Larry Woods

Are you removing the printers using Device Manager? And uninstalling other
software by using the uninstall feature in the particular applications
uninstall start menu item?

"Larry Woods" <larry@NOSPAMlwoods.com> wrote in message
> I have two printers (both network connected) that I am trying to delete.
> The delete "seems" to work but the icons won't go away. Also one of the
> printers had some pending jobs and when you mouse-over it the tooltip says
> "x jobs deleting" but the icon doesn't go away.

> TIA,
>
> Larry Woods

I'm just right-clicking on the printer icon under "Printers" display. Works
fine in Win2K, etc. but not in XP. How should I be doing it?

Thanks.

Larry Woods