[SOLVED] Can't detect internet and USB ports after reformat Windows 7

Brandon Umali

Reputable
Oct 13, 2019
Hi guys,

I've just reformatted my Dell Inspiron 14 3000 series to windows 7, but I'm having a serious problem now because it won't read my USB which has the drivers for it and it is not even connecting to the internet for me to download the drivers for it. I don't have the CD drivers of it since I've lost it.

I'm currently thinking if there is a program to reformat this laptop again and have alteast an installed driver of the USB ports or Internet port of it.

I really need help right now, anyone please help me.

kaehligj

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018
Have you tried invoking the bios and look for the common settings here ?

It is common to find that the motherboard devices are set to disabled, and have to be enabled manually.
Especially on usb and network ports.

You may enter bios by tapping the "del" key repeatedly during restart of the PC.
Or maybe the F2 key.

Brandon Umali

Reputable
Oct 13, 2019
Have you tried invoking the bios and look for the common settings here ?

It is common to find that the motherboard devices are set to disabled, and have to be enabled manually.
Especially on usb and network ports.

You may enter bios by tapping the "del" key repeatedly during restart of the PC.
Or maybe the F2 key.
USB ports, wireless and network lan is enabled in the BIOS but still can't read my USB or connect to the internet.

kaehligj

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018
Will it accept an external keyboard ?

BTW : have you checked if the bios can remember what you have set after a shutdown and restart ?
You may have a dead cmos battery fooling you.

kaehligj

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018
I havnt asked you to install a driver ?
Any standard usb keyboard should work on any usb port right off.
Its the simplest test to see if something reacts on the PC hardware.

Please be open to suggestions, and dont let your frustrating situation block off your mind.

Brandon Umali

Reputable
Oct 13, 2019
I havnt asked you to install a driver ?
Any standard usb keyboard should work on any usb port right off.
Its the simplest test to see if something reacts on the PC hardware.

Please be open to suggestions, and dont let your frustrating situation block off your mind.
I currently don't have a portable keyboard, only a portable mouse. I'll be buying a portable keyboard right now. Before I did the reformation, everything was working fine its just that it's too slow now that's why I did it.

kaehligj

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018
Sooo...
There is life after all, but not that agile.
That still points to a hardware setup problem.
Could be a bios setting, but more frustrating a missing windows hardware driver, you can not install atm.

Do you have a dvd drive in your laptop ?
Thats another possible entry to load drivers, with dvd files written from another PC dvd drive.

You would then visit your laptop manufactures site and download all the drivers you can find, to a dvd - on that other PC
Then install from that dvd.
Use a re-writeable dvd, then you have a future "rotating usb drive".
You may need more than one dvd, if the drivers are bulky.

Last edited:

Brandon Umali

Reputable
Oct 13, 2019
Sooo...
There is life after all, but not that agile.
That still points to a hardware setup problem.
Could be a bios setting, but more frustrating a missing windows hardware driver, you can not install atm.

Do you have a dvd drive in your laptop ?
Thats another possible entry to load drivers, with dvd files written from another PC dvd drive.

You would then visit your laptop manufactures site and download all the drivers you can find, to a dvd - on that other PC
Then install from that dvd.
Use a re-writeable dvd, then you have a "rotating usb drive".
You may need more than one dvd, if the drivers are bulky.
Is there any other solution? Because finding a re-writeable DvD nowadays in my country is hard, I think it has been phased out.

seanycarey

Reputable
Jan 17, 2018
Quick look, the drivers misinstalled, has happened to me too. Only solution (best, only one I know) is to reinstall windows all together (I tried repairing using a usb but it didn't help) by using windows on a flashdrive.