Question Can't disable CSM support and enable secure boot on Gigabyte B450 Gaming X ?

Jul 2, 2021
Hi there,

I'm trying to enable secure boot on my computer to be able to pass the spec check for windows 11, but I cannot disable the CSM support first in order to then enable secure boot.

Every time I try to commit the configuration change of "CSM support = Disabled" and restart the computer, the setting shows up as enabled when I re-enter the BIOS ?

How do I determine what is preventing it.

My system:
GigaByte B450 Gaming X
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
16GB Cosair DDR4 (8GB x2)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
AMI BIOS version F51

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Josh

Reactions: sorga40
Jul 2, 2021
You must choose the "Save & Exit" option in the BIOS, otherwise any changes you've made will not "stick".
Thanks Philip I'm definitely following the same & Exit route but the change is not being committed and there are no errors or warnings indicating that it can't be. The computer then restarts and I go to check that the change has been made and the setting shows back up as enabled regardless

Here is a link to a Video of what I am trying to do?

Last edited:

Mellor81

Honorable
Jul 21, 2015
Hi there,

I'm trying to enable secure boot on my computer to be able to pass the spec check for windows 11, but I cannot disable the CSM support first in order to then enable secure boot.

Every time I try to commit the configuration change of "CSM support = Disabled" and restart the computer, the setting shows up as enabled when I re-enter the BIOS ?

How do I determine what is preventing it.

My system:
GigaByte B450 Gaming X
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
16GB Cosair DDR4 (8GB x2)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
AMI BIOS version F51

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Josh
Same issue mate the amswers here arent exactly helpful either :/

TRENDING THREADS