[SOLVED] Can't find CMOS battery in HP Pavilion 15-CC102TX ?

May 25, 2021
I am getting the error CMOS Checksum is invalid. I have attached the error message. Moreover, timings in my laptop are not accurate, my laptop suddenly closes if I remove it from charging after 30 mins exactly. According to me, there is some issue regarding the CMOS only. I have rewritten the bios image several times, updated it, and still getting the same error.

Laptop model: HP Pavilion 15-CC102TX

Please give a resolution on this,

Solution
Not all laptops have a removable CMOS battery that is easily seen, some of them are soldered to the motherboard. Check the service manual for your model or check on the HP support site.

The Idiot

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2013
I am getting the error CMOS Checksum is invalid. I have attached the error message. Moreover, timings in my laptop are not accurate, my laptop suddenly closes if I remove it from charging after 30 mins exactly. According to me, there is some issue regarding the CMOS only. I have rewritten the bios image several times, updated it, and still getting the same error.

Laptop model: HP Pavilion 15-CC102TX

Please give a resolution on this,
Check the pictures in this guide might be the location on your laptop https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/HP+Envy+17-3070NR+CMOS+Battery+Replacement/42038