Can't get 144hz on GT 1030

May 15, 2018
Hey. I just bought a new pc yesterday with nvidia GT 1030 card. Everything works fine except 144hz. I can only select 60hz. I have a benq xl2411 which is a 144hz screen. I have tried dvi doubble, dvi single and hdmi nothing works. I have all my drivers uppdated. I have tried nvidia custom resolution but can't make it higher then 60hz. What is the problem? Does anyone know? Please help.

Solution
On your monitor 144Hz mode is supported with dual link DVI cable only. HDMI and DSUB connections on your monitor don't support high refresh modes.
Problem is with your graphics card. It has single-link DVI (not dual link).
With your graphics card/monitor combo 144Hz can not be achieved.

You could be able to achieve 120Hz with Display Port to dual link DVI adapter (if your graphics card has Display Port connector). But it is rather expensive device. It would be better to get more capable graphics card like GTX 1050 ti.
https://www.startech.com/eu/AV/Disp...ual-Link-DVI-Video-Adapter-Converter~DP2DVID2

jatin3489

Commendable
May 5, 2018

It won't because Maximum Digital Resolution 7680x4320@60 Hz and it only supports uptil 60 hz refresh rate ! You can't change what it supports !

FALSE. The bandwidth matters, for a full hd monitor there is enough bandwidth to have 200hz, and 120hz for 4k. Only at 8k (7680x4320) you can have only 60 fps.

OP try different cables also take in consideration that is a budget card which cannot deliver 144 fps. It would be preferable to use Display Port.

On your monitor 144Hz mode is supported with dual link DVI cable only. HDMI and DSUB connections on your monitor don't support high refresh modes.
Problem is with your graphics card. It has single-link DVI (not dual link).
With your graphics card/monitor combo 144Hz can not be achieved.

You could be able to achieve 120Hz with Display Port to dual link DVI adapter (if your graphics card has Display Port connector). But it is rather expensive device. It would be better to get more capable graphics card like GTX 1050 ti.
https://www.startech.com/eu/AV/Disp...ual-Link-DVI-Video-Adapter-Converter~DP2DVID2

Solution