Question Can't get past the bios screen after installing gt 1030

May 30, 2021
I got my gt 1030 back in October. My old gpu is a gt 440, and I felt like upgrading. My motherboard is ECS H61H2-M6 v1.0. So I got the card, put it in and I saw the bios screen. But that was it, I just saw the bios screen and didn't get anywhere after that. I couldn't even press f2 or del to go to the bios settings, even though my keyboard was on, nothing was working. After about 20 seconds, the pc turned off and then booted back up again by itself a few seconds later and everything repeats. 99% of the responses that I've gotten are either clearing cmos or doing a bios update. I've cleared my cmos more times than I can count during the time I've been trying to get it working, and I did a bios update back in september because I got a new cpu and I needed to do a bios update in order to get it working so that can't be it. If im forgetting something then please ask for more information, I've been at this for 7 months now and I've lost all hope but who knows, miracles are always possible, so thought I would do another post. Thanks for replying in advance.

May 30, 2021
Agreed that this is the likely issue. To verify, have you tried the GT 1030 in another system to determine if it works properly elsewhere?
I actually haven't, I don't have a chance to try it anywhere else, since this is my only pc... I got it brand new though so I doubt that it's the card itself

bignastyid

Titan
I updated my bios in september, I think it's the latest but I can't be 100% sure, it said that it was for supporting ivy bridge cpus
Likely the most upto date as the latest bios for that board was released in 2013.
https://www.ecs.com.tw/en/Product/Motherboard/H61H2-M6_V1.0/download

Also before buying the gpu, I asked many many people if it would work on my motherboard and everyone said that it would, but it didnt

Not seeing that you asked here but, whomever you did ask may not have known about it. Its not a very common issue as it only affects a few boards and most of them are OEM.

It's not a bad idea to test the card in another system just to make sure the card is not DOA(being new doesn't me it can't arrive with problems).

May 30, 2021
Likely the most upto date as the latest bios for that board was released in 2013.
https://www.ecs.com.tw/en/Product/Motherboard/H61H2-M6_V1.0/download

Not seeing that you asked here but, whomever you did ask may not have known about it. Its not a very common issue as it only affects a few boards and most of them are OEM.

It's not a bad idea to test the card in another system just to make sure the card is not DOA(being new doesn't me it can't arrive with problems).
I just went through my bios settings and saw everything that I could've seen and all I saw was 2011 and 2012 things, I didn't see anything about 2013 so maybe I don't have the latest version