PC
Win 10
Motherboard:ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING
CPU:AMD Ryzen 7
RAM:64.0GB
GPU: RADEON 5700 XT
PSU : a Corsair-RM750X (3-4 years old)
Storage:
1863GB Seagate ST2000DM008-2FR102 (SATA (SSD))
465GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (SATA (SSD))
232GB Samsung SSD 840 Series (SATA (SSD))
1788GB Force MP510 (Unknown (SSD))
953GB INTEL SSDPEKNW010T8 (Unknown (SSD))

Speakers: Yamaha HS 5 XLR inputs
https://www.thomann.de/se/yamaha_hs_5.htm

I have a problem that makes my speakers hum very annoyingly. Sometimes i can see that the graphics affect it. If a 3d game is running the humming is way more intense. Here is a list of things tried and discovered

Ive tried
used internal soundcard, or any of two tried USB external sound interfaces
adjusting audio buffer settings in audio software
moved speakers/soundcard away from monitors and TVs
change speakers power source to another not connected to same outlet as rest of setup
changed cable to another one made to be shielded
Updating graphics card drivers, usb drivers, keeping everything up to date in windows etc

Ive discovered
Headphones sounds fine. When headphones are used there is no inerference. It doesnt matter if its internal soundcard or external USB audio interfaces
Speakers and cable work great. Ive tried them on my laptop and no interference.

Conclusion, or rather confusion:
When the headphones dont have interference but the speakers do i would guess its not an internal problem. The signal gets distorted outside of the pc.

When the interference remains regardless of changing cables, soundcard/interface, changing positions of speakers and when interference cant be heard when same speakers and cables are used on my laptop im guessing the interference comes from within the PC.

Could the graphics card be causing the interference? I cant understand how it can cause it only for speakers but not for headphones.

Now ive opened my computer and tried to move the graphics card to another slot but im stuck. The graphics card is so big it covers the tabs that locks it. So there is no real way to remove it.

Any suggestions on how to remove the card or what could be causing the audio interference is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Your specs to the system is incomplete, please list the specs like so;
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD./HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Also, include the age of your PSU apart from it's wattage, make and model. You should also look into the BIOS version for your motherboard and the version for your OS, assuming you're on Windows 10. As for your home, can you verify that you're snot suffering from a grounding issue? I have the same sort of hmm from my subwoofer when I come over to my folks home, which has seen some hit and the grounding has been compromised. I also get a minor jolt if I touch my system with barefeet(on a tiled floor).

Aug 2, 2021
As for your home, can you verify that you're snot suffering from a grounding issue? I have the same sort of hmm from my subwoofer when I come over to my folks home, which has seen some hit and the grounding has been compromised. I also get a minor jolt if I touch my system with barefeet(on a tiled floor).
Ok i will update the list. While i do this, how can i check out the grounding issue? What ive done is switching the speakers power cables to other outlets. But it makes no difference.