Question Cant get rid of this spyware!

Zubati

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
Its a notification on the bottom right of a windows PC, I have a screenshot of it but cant seem to post it here. Its offensive, a nude women asking to do to naughty things. Its on my wives work computer kids were there today watching netflix and it popped up. I tried Microsoft scan, spyware blaster, spybot search and destroy already with no luck. Any idea?

Last edited by a moderator:

zinkles

Commendable
Aug 24, 2022
What AV did you try?

Sometimes AV's don't detect such stuff either, because its just a popup, only when it does malicious stuff it tries to stop it.

What you could do is, to check for the process using task manager > go to the process location > delete that process and other suspicious files manually.

So, ill explain in detail : You have to open task manager and wait till that popup appears. When it does, some random process will start Using a lil bit of CPU and Some small amount of RAM.

You should set Task manager to display the apps with CPU usage in descending order. Now patiently wait till the popup appears and you'll be able to fine the process its related to. All you've got to do now is to right click on that process And click on "Open file Location". This will open an Explorer window where the file is located. All you have to do is delete that File. This will remove the popup and hopefully it wont appear again.

View: https://imgur.com/a/fHkocVS