Question Computer shutting down at windows start screen

Aug 31, 2024
Hello community, first time poster here, sad to have to post under these conditions.

mb - msi pro b550m-vc wifi
cpu ryzen 7 5800x
gpu - gtx 1050
mem - 32gb corsair ddr4
os - windows 10
os drive = patriot p210
psu - cooler master mwe gold 850
cooling - peerless assassin

As of last night, we had a powercut, and obviously the pc went off, but today when power has returned there has been this wierd and worrying situation where the pc will boot, get to the windows login screen, i enter the details and then the whole pc will shut off, to the point where i have to take out the power cable replug it in and then press the power button to start up the system.

In my limited ability. i've managed to get the computer to safe-mode and run chkdsk and dism restore health hoping that would fix any corruption or errors but upon boot - same issue.

i was able to get to the enviroment screen and engage in the reset my pc function, but halfway or so through that.. the same power off.

Since then i've had the pc in bios mode for about an hour as of typing,

seems stable, temps are 46c for cpu and around 45 for the mb as per bios report.. with vcore 1.4v and ddr volts at 1.2

I personally havent come across this kind of issue ever so i wanted to see if any of the learned community had ever encounted this?

any help would be appriciated

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build?

mem - 32gb corsair ddr4
Got a link to this ram kit?

What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?

with vcore 1.4v
I know that 1.4v is high, you should be in the 1.3v range. Are you on an overclock?

Are you using a power strip between the wall outlet and your PC?

Aug 31, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build?

mem - 32gb corsair ddr4
Got a link to this ram kit?

What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?

with vcore 1.4v
I know that 1.4v is high, you should be in the 1.3v range. Are you on an overclock?

Are you using a power strip between the wall outlet and your PC?
Thanks for the welcome

https://www.corsair.com/ca/en/p/mem...EQ1bFvjR14lgfBTADFuxfqkPIIBs3wvDiszlGlXAz5MLF

https://www.amazon.ca/Corsair-Vengeance-PC4-25600-Desktop-Memory/dp/B07RW6Z692

this is the link for memory
-
I bought the cpu, psu, mb and memory in march as a new pc for a dead pc.... the only thing i brought over was the gpu since i didnt like the gpu prices and given that the pc dying was unexpected it caught my bank account by surprise.. was working fine until today..
-
bios vers is e7c95ams.ha0
-
I've not engaged in any overclocking, just quickly loading the bios the overclock settings appear to be at defaults.

Hope this helps.