Can't get signal from DVI to LCD TV! TRIED FOR 2 MONTHS!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rtfm

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2007
If none of the above works, how about setting your tv up using "clone" on the nview display properties. This is meant when there are two monitors, so you would have to set it up with one on the vga and one on dvi to set up (make sure the dvi is the primary monitor). Worth a shot?

Nb. I run a lcd tv & lcd monitor in clone mode and there is no performance hit.

lfbg007

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
Hi, Yesterday I installed a PNY 9400 gt to my computer, It came with the dvi to hdmi adapter so I tried to use it, I connected the hdmi cable to my Samsung 37 LCD TV that I bought 2 years ago. And when I turned on the computer it was receiving signal, just before Windows logon screen, it stopped working. Can anybody help me and tell me how can I switch my graphics card input, I'm still using my tv as a monitor but with the vga cable plugged to it.

michealpham

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
I've had the same problem before as well on my 42" LCD. The Nvidia drivers keeps trying to set the resolution automatically to 1360 x 765, which my TV wont accept. I see the post and boot screens but as soon as Windows loads, the signal is gone and message "invalid signal" appears.

Neither low-resolution mode or swapping monitors with a CRT and changing the res then swapping back worked, as the drivers would instantly change the resolution as soon as my TV is detected.

I had to revert to an older version of the Nvidia drivers to get it to work (used the ones that came on the grahic card driver CD).

Does anyone know how to stop the (latest) Nvidia drivers from auto detecting and setting the resolution?

Austinggm

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010

I just bidded on Monitor that only has DVI,- am I going to have problems with DVI on a 2000 Windows CRT I have a standard CRt on a CPU with Windows 2000 and want to replace it with a flat screen for space purposes. A flat screen would allow me more room on my desk.

I have another computer that uses HDMI ports, so I am not sure what to do about a monitor that does not have HDMI ports, but only DVI ports.

Not computer savory!!

Status
Not open for further replies.