Can't get Windows to boot!

AR25

Reputable
Mar 17, 2014
Acer Aspire desktop
History : a year ago my daughter crashed my computer but I managed to reinstall windows after which every boot I would get an error message saying 'This is not an Acer system'.
Recent : My Pc crashed after updating drivers, so this time I dug out and loaded my erecovery backup disks. Everything went OK until reboot when an Acer erecovery management dialogue box opened giving me 3 options 'Restore system to factory default' 'restore system from dvd' 'Exit'
The problem: No matter which option I choose, I always end up back at this screen after the reboot! And no amount of persuasion will get it to boot to Windows.

Solution
Did you remove the recovery disks? Is this message coming after the system tries to start Windows?
Restore finished successfully or is this in the middle during a reboot?

If the BIOS has a hard drive check utility, run that and make sure the HD is good. If no utility, the Ultimate Boot CD has some disk utilities you can run to test the drive.
Did you remove the recovery disks? Is this message coming after the system tries to start Windows?
Restore finished successfully or is this in the middle during a reboot?

If the BIOS has a hard drive check utility, run that and make sure the HD is good. If no utility, the Ultimate Boot CD has some disk utilities you can run to test the drive.

Solution

AR25

Reputable
Mar 17, 2014
I remove recovery disks only when told to. The eRecovery dialogue box opens immediately after the windows splash screen. Restore finished successfully. I will try Ultimate boot CD and see if I can find anything.

AR25

Reputable
Mar 17, 2014
@Hang@Hang-the-9
Thank you for taking the time to reply to my. Query.
Just for the record my system is up and running with the help of Ultimate boot CD, I managed to find 'msConfig' in Windows\system32\ddlcache. I ran this system configuration utility and set it to diagnostic startup. I was then able to re-boot straight into windows.

TRENDING THREADS