[SOLVED] Cant install network adapter driver.

DarqFX

Reputable
Jan 7, 2017
my motherboard doesnt even detect that the ethernet exists, ive checked device manager and it doesnt even blink an eye when i plug it in or out, its like it doesnt exist. ive tried downloading lan drivers from the website for my motherboard, but during installation it tells me it cannot find the adapter, the driver installs but its still like “hey where is the adapter?” The cable is not faulty, i just tried using it on my ps4 and it was fine. Even my graphics card and pci-e things arent being detected, i have access to another computer and a usb and have tried googling everything. Any ideas? Thanks.

Solution
Have you tried clearing the CMOS (unplug the power cord and remove the CMOS battery for a minute)?
I have tried that yes. I've since fixed this issue so for anyone who might need it: you need to boot up and update windows, this was only possible because i found a wireless adapter in an old cupboard, so my solution is to maybe rent or borrow someones wireless adapter and then immediately update windows. It seems in my case it wouldnt let me install these drivers manually, as i did try using a usb and my other computer, you HAVE to let windows do it. Thanks for the help.

DarqFX

Reputable
Jan 7, 2017
Have you tried clearing the CMOS (unplug the power cord and remove the CMOS battery for a minute)?
I have tried that yes. I've since fixed this issue so for anyone who might need it: you need to boot up and update windows, this was only possible because i found a wireless adapter in an old cupboard, so my solution is to maybe rent or borrow someones wireless adapter and then immediately update windows. It seems in my case it wouldnt let me install these drivers manually, as i did try using a usb and my other computer, you HAVE to let windows do it. Thanks for the help.

Solution